My name is Katie, I am a 29 year old from Oxford in UK. I have plenty of previous house and pet sitting experience to put your mind at ease with lots of reviews to reassure you of a friendly, reliable and easy experience.
I am available for overnight stays, and pop in visits in the Blandford Forum area and happy to travel anywhere within a 30 minute distance outside of Blandford for overnight stays!
Services include, playing with your pet, feeding, keeping water topped up, cleaning up around the home after your pet, medication giving and grooming. If you have regular bird visitors to your garden, I am also more than happy to keep the bird feeders topped up and water plants if requested.
With all 12 bookings I have completed with pawshake, I usually communicate with the owner about how long they would prefer me to stay in their home, completely dependant on the individual pets needs.
I grew up around dogs and spent 4 years in a relationship with a dog trainer/behaviourist for the Dogs Trust UK, so we would often have rescue dogs staying over. This was a valuable time learning about any dog's body language, signs of stress/anxiety and way of dealing with these things.
Previous house and animal care experience includes:
- Blandford Forum, Dorset -
Cats - Fluffy and Gibson - Fluffy is on oral medication, and Gibson has a cunning twin who lives near by and tries to confuse me, so have to be extra vigilant to let the correct cat back in the house.....
- Oxford - Pawshake -
Cat - Hector - Hector is an amazingly loving and chilled cat who I have had the pleasure of looking after for over night stays. He is shy at first but once he gets to know you, you can have fun playing and have cuddles with him too.
-Oxford - Pawshake - Cat - Nuts - poor nuts ate part of a flip flop before I arrived to look after him, which meant taking him to the vet and administring oral medication that was prescribed. Luckily within 48 hours he was back to his normal self. All flip flops banned from Nuts.
-Oxford - Pawshake - Cats - Gregorious, Tora and Greypuss - I have had the pleasure of looking after these 3 characters twice so far - Greypuss is on a few different medications and there are also lots of birds to feed outside the property, so plenty to be trusted with!
-Oxford - Pawshake - Cat - Dora - Dora was adorable and happy to sit and chill with me when I would do home visits for her.
-Oxford - Pawshake - Cat - Hassa - I regulary look after Hassa in her home when her parents go away. Hassa just needs a few hours of company on the sofa each night, and also plenty of food :p.
- Oxford - Pawshake - Dog
Peaches - Peaches the tiny Pomeranian required a lot of attention, she loved to play and go on walks, a great little companion who stayed over for 5 nights :)
-Oxford - Pawshake - Cat - Socrate - loves his food, and very vocal about it too! I visited this guy once a day for 5 days while his owners went on Holiday!
- Vancouver - Pawshake - Cats - Milo and Frankie - I had the pleasure of looking after these 2 for 4 nights while their Mum and Dad had a trip to the Island. Milo is a youngster while Frankie is older, so Frankie needed space away from Milos high energy sometimes so it was important to keep Milo entertained. Both very sweet and loving in nature. If I wasn't sure where Milo was, he was usually in the sink.
- Vancouver - Pawshake - Puppy and Rabbit - Tomato and Spoon - Puppy Tomato is very young so still needing to go out for pees regulary, a little nervous of new people and places but getting braver each day. Spoon liked to rush out as soon as I placed the food bowl down, a quirky little rabbit.
- Relax a Lodge - Dogs + chickens and pigs, Keri Keri, New Zealand. This experience included care of the lodge and its resident pets, picking the orange trees and readying the fruit for the local organic market. The two dogs, Nika and Wee Wee loved being out doors (off leash) while we worked, Nika was very good at catching oranges and sticks and loved a good butt scratch :D. We would then let the Kune Kune pigs (and 1 sheep) out to eat the fallen oranges. It was important to keep an eye on them so they did not wonder off and away from the property as it was next to a State Highway.
- Private property - Horses- Keri Keri, New Zealand - Caring for the owners horses and property.
-Aborfield Animal Sanctuary in Te Hana, New Zealand - This was home to 6 dogs, (Trixie, Jessie, Maggie, Kelly, Sadie and Luka)
2 cats (Harriet and George), full to bursting with alpacas, pigs, donkeys, goats, sheep, cows, hens and 66 roosters. I took care to feed these animals twice a day, clean their areas and also plant native fauna on the land to restore native bushland. I also kept on top of cleaning the house, and when the owner went to Spain for 2 weeks she was happy to leave it in capable hands.
- Private property - Hokianga Harbour, New Zealand - this was a Kiwi protected zone where I learn't about protecting the Kiwi bird, pest control and removing intrusive weeds from their land.
Katie spent a night with my little dog Tomato and bunny Spoon and she was great! I knew she was going to be lovely and take good care of my pup from the beginning of our meet and greet in the park. She fed them both, took Tomato out for walks and cleaned up after her accidents (she’s a puppy and is house training). Would definitely have her again!
Katie is fantastic! Both of our cats loved her, and they seemed very relaxed in her presence. Katie sent us thoughtful updates each day, and she left our house extremely clean. She's caring, conscientious, and responsible - I'd recommend Katie to anyone!
Book via Pawshake to enjoy The Pawshake Guarantee, in-house customer support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, no booking fees, no change fees, daily updates and more!