*******I also offer pet sitting for animals with high medical needs (those that benefit specifically from my medical speciality training). For these animals, I do charge a higher fee because closer supervision is necessary. Standard medical care, like pets requiring medication is not considered high medical needs and is always included in my normal pet sitting offerings. If you think your pet may have high medical needs, feel free to send a message to enquire and we can absolutely discuss your pet's needs
I am often available for last-minute sitting as well and always try to respond to messages on here within 1 hour of receiving them so that you know if I can accept the sitting or not ********
I'm a friendly caring animal lover <3
I have lived my entire life with pets (mostly cats and dogs but also hamsters and fish). I love taking care of all animals and it's one of my biggest passions.
I've spent the past 3 years working at my local animal shelter helping to raise and care for kittens. At the shelter, I specialized in kittens that had special needs and/or required complex medical care (very young, vision problems, super shy, required medications several times a day, difficulty with eating...). I worked directly with veterinarians to learn medical treatment techniques and skills for special needs pets. I am very confident working with pets of all needs and abilities. It was incredibly fulfilling and I proudly raised 23 kittens on my own and got them adopted into their forever homes very quickly. I worked with cats ages 2 weeks-10 weeks at the shelter. But, as I've always grown up around cats and have also worked as a cat sitter, I've worked with cats ages 2 weeks - 16 years. I also have experience giving medications to older cats (it's a challenge but I don't mind it!).
****I love dogs, but unfortunately cannot accept bookings for dogs at this time****
I have a lot of experience as a petsitter and with animals in general. The main reason I want to be a petsitter right now is that I'm living in an apartment that doesn't allow pets so I'm really missing having animals around and would love to give your animals some attention. I love to play with animals and give them lots of pets and attention to make sure they don't get lonely. I can stay with your animal as long as you would like and come by a few times a day or spend the night, whatever you think would be best.
I don't have any restrictions on pet ages. I am personally fully vaccinated against Covid-19. I'm an American Uni student living in London.
Services I offer:
- I provide at least 2 photo updates per day of each of your pets
- I maintain constant contact with the pet owner to make sure they know how their pet is doing and I immediately contact pet owners in any type of emergency or animal illness
- Making sure your pets stay healthy, clean, and happy during my visits
- Home visits: I will stay for around 1 hour for each home visit to make sure your pets get enough attention. I can do some basic household maintenance (checking mail, bringing out trash, watering plants). Lots of play time as well as making sure your pets are fed well and kept clean (eg. litter box cleaning)
- House sitting: I will keep your house in order and clean while you're away and make sure your pets get constant attention and love. I will do all the same things as I would for a home visit but be available and with your pet 24 hours of the day. This is a great option for animals that tend to get lonely or might need a little more careful medical observation. For short-term house sitting (less than 5 days), I will stay in your home for a minimum of 20 hours a day to make sure your pets are constantly surrounded by loving attention. For longer-term sitting (more than 5 days), I will stay in your home for at least 18 hours a day. These terms can of course be adjusted depending on the needs of the pets.
I am a student but I study remotely, so I am available to stay in your home all-day (24/7) when house sitting.
I am available mornings, afternoons, evenings, and nights any day of the week. Just let me know what you need and I'll quickly reply :)
I am available to be contacted at any time when your pet is under my care if you have any concerns at all.
Note: I do have some difficulty climbing stairs so it would be super awesome if you could (in your message) let me know what floor your flat is on and if there's an elevator/lift in the building ~ thank you!
Lauren was a great catsitter, communicating regularly and sharing photos as I was away. I could relax knowing my cat was in good hands and on a good lap!
It was my second booking with Lauren and again I’m very happy to have found her. She took excellent care of Oscar, giving him lots of cuddles and attention. She’s really doing great with him - thank you so much Lauren ❤️
Book via Pawshake to enjoy The Pawshake Guarantee, in-house customer support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, no booking fees, no change fees, daily updates and more!