Pubbing With Pooches!
As an avid Dog Lover, (or Crazy Dog Lady, as my nearest and dearest refer to me as!) I love knowing I can go out and about and take my pooch with me. Bristol, UK is a pretty pet friendly city as a whole, but what's great is that wherever you go, there will always be a pub or cafe somewhere that will be willing to welcome your woofer with open arms. Here are a few of my favourite dog friendly places to chill out:
- The Cambridge Arms, Bristol: A great half-way point between the Horfield Common and Durdham Downs, both Pawsome places to doggy walk! They do an amazing burger, but be careful your sneaky pooch doesn't try the puppy dog eyes for the left overs- if there are any!
- The Hall and Woodhouse, Portishead, Bristol: After a long leisurely stroll along the Paw-tishead Marina, The Hall and Woodhouse is a great way to recharge your batteries. Whether you are after a quick pint or a full blow three-course meal, you won't be disappointed. It has a great atmosphere and looks amazing inside. Kind of a mix between rustic, boutique dining, without the effort of having to drop your pooch home first. Did I mention they also do amazing Prosecco?!
- The Merchants Arms, Bristol: A Golden Oldie or 'Proper Pub' as us Bristolians would like to call it; The 'Merch' is a cosey little tradtional pub that serves snacks and local ales. They are also so doggy friendly, that they ensure that their pup treat jar is always stocked up. We have seen all sorts of pooches there, from Chihuahua's, to Rottweilers, and the locals are always happy to see a new face.
- The Globe Inn, Bath: The Globe is part of The Vintage Inn chains, so has a lovely homely feel to it. It's a great pit stop between Bristol and Bath and a Pawfect place to spend a day in the sun in their garden. One summer, we even spotted that someone had decided to take their bunny on a day out to chill in the Globe's garden, so they are clearly not exclusive to pooches!
- The Kings Arms, Bristol: This is by far, my favourite doggy friendly stop off! It is a stones throw from the famous doggy walking spot, Durdham Downs and always has plenty of water bowls dotted around for thirsty pooches. It looks great inside and has a lovely boutique homely feel. The food is great and they even have two paw-geous resident lurchers, Dolly and Honey, who are super friendly, especially if you have a Sunday Roast sat at your table (I wonder why..?!) It's a great all rounder and they even have a 'Dog Blog' online!
Although I know i am able to find a trusted sitter through Pawshake, if I do need a night off of being a 'Pet Parent' It's great to know that there are loads of places I am able to take my pooch with me to socialise! Check out sites like 'DoggiePubs' or 'DogFriendlyBritain' for Pawsome places in your area where you can take your pet or pet guest!
Sianaye AKA Crazy Dog Lady!